The Connector Newsletter is North Dakota State PIRC's quarterly print publication. It features articles for parents and information about educational issues about the state. It also covers how federal education laws such as No Child Left Behind specifically affect North Dakota. The newsletter is available free of charge. To subscribe to the Connector, email us with your name and mailing address.
Here is an archive of some of our past issues.Vol. 10 No. 1
- First Day of School America 2006
- Know Your Options Under the No Child Left Behind Act for Children in Public Schools That Are "In Need of Improvement"
- 10 Things to Look for in a School
- Know Your Options Under the No Child Left Behind Act for Children in Public Schools That Are Unsafe
- Parent Expectations Support Achievement (PESA) Training Session
- Parents Assist Schools for Success (PASS) Training Session
- A Message from Senator Kent Conrad
- Check the School District's Report Card for Public Schools
Vol. 10 No. 2
- An Announcement from NDPASS
- Stress during the Holidays
- Reminder to North Dakota Parents: Open Enrollment
- There's more to reading together than just saying the words
- Big Dreams: A Family Book About Reading
- The Importance of No Child Left Behind
- Tips on Staying Connected with Your Teen
- Holiday Activity Center
Vol. 10 No. 3
- Fifth Anniversary of No Child Left Behind
- Is my child eligible for supplemental educational services?
- North Dakota Title I Website for Parents
- Tips for Getting the Most out of Parent-Teachers Conferences
- Title I District Parental Involvement Policy Requirements
Vol. 10 No. 4
- New NDPASS Website Address!
- Keep your child learning all summer long!
- Summer TREATS for Parents Spending Time with Children
- Working Together for Student Success